The CHOC Children’s Specialists Hospitalist program is a timely, cost-effective service available to primary care physicians whose busy outpatient practices limit the amount of time available to care for hospitalized patients.
For Admissions Call: (714) 509-8400
To reach the CHOC Orange On-Call Hospitalists call: (714) 997-3000
CHOC Children’s Specialists Hospitalist physicians are board certified pediatricians who specialize in hospital-based medicine. They are available 24-hours-a-day, 7 days a week to provide comprehensive inpatient care, consult with specialists, and coordinate hospital services – all while remaining in contact with the primary care physician at both the Orange and Mission campuses.
Upon discharge, patients are immediately referred back to the primary care physician for follow-up care and management.
Expert Care for Critically Ill or Injured Patients
The CHOC Children’s Specialists Hospitalist physician team is highly experienced in providing general inpatient-level pediatric care at CHOC and at CHOC at Mission.
Convenience, Coordination & Continuity
The CHOC Children’s Specialists Hospitalist service offers several advantages for referring physicians and patients alike. With 24-hour availability, CHOC Children’s Specialists Hospitalist physicians are immediately available to:
- Attend to patients as often as necessary
- Consult with or provide updates to referring physicians
- Consult with parents and family members
- Arrange consultation with specialists as necessary
- Order hospital tests or procedures and are immediately available to review results
- Facilitate transfer of a patient between an intensive care unit and a medical floor
- Access patients throughout the day to identify the optimal time for discharge
The County of Orange (CHDP) program recertifies existing CHDP providers every 3 years. Part of the Certification requires the provider holds Hospital Privileges at a minimum of one hospital OR may designate a Hospitalist Program to cover patients they need to admit to a hospital. For more details, please visit: DHCS.CA.gov/services/CHDP