The CHOC Children’s Specialists Cardiology Division strives to provide the best possible care for infants, children and adolescents with acquired or congenital heart disease as well as adults with congenital heart disease. Comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services are offered including collaborative care with the intensive care team in the dedicated Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU). We have a strong educational program for patients and families and we offer complete cardiovascular care.
Leading-Edge Diagnostic Capabilities & Treatment
CHOC Children’s Specialists Cardiology physicians provide the following services:
- Inpatient and outpatient consultation
- Prenatal consultation
- Echocardiography (fetal, transthoracic and transesophageal)
- Digital diagnostic and therapeutic cardiac catheterization, including atrial septal—defect or patent ductus arteriosus closure
- Electrophysiological services, including event and Holter monitoring, tilt table testing, exercise stress testing, pacemaker implementation and programming, and state-of-the-art electrophysiological testing and ablation for arrhythmias
- Comprehensive, multi-disciplinary Hyperlipidemia Clinic and new clinics in Heart Failure and Pulmonary Hypertension as well as future clinics in Arrhythmias and Adolescents with Congenital Heart Disease
- Care for adolescents and adults with congenital heart disease
Recognized For Excellence
CHOC Children’s Specialists Cardiology physicians serve as the Medical Directors for the pediatric cardiology services provided at CHOC. Our cardiologists work closely with the pediatric cardiac surgeons at CHOC. Collaboration with pediatric intensivists in the hospital’s dedicated CVICU as well as Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) provides a comprehensive, multidisicplinary approach to patient care.
Active Participants in the Latest Clinical Research
CHOC Children’s Specialists Cardiology has an active research program and has representation at the pediatric study section at the National Institute of Health (NIH). Ongoing projects include evaluating new treatments for respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) in children with cardiac disease and newer noninvasive methodologies in monitoring children after cardiac surgery. The Division has assisted in the development of new catheters to evaluate coronary problems in children. They recently participated in a national study to evaluate newer inotropic agents following heart surgery as well as management strategies for hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Future proposed projects involve an important collaboration between the CHOC Children’s Specialists Cardiology Division and the University of California, Irvine.
“The premier pediatric cardiology practice in Orange County, CA.”
The CHOC Children’s Specialists Cardiology Physicians are distinguished by their commitment to clinical excellence and research and through their training and faculty appointments at many of the nation’s most prestigious schools and hospitals including the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles (CHLA), Boston Children’s Hospital, Philadelphia Children’s Hospital, and Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston, TX.