Expert, Innovative Care for Newborns, Children & Adolescents
Dr. Anchalee Yeungsrigul is the interim Division Chief of CHOC Children’s Specialists Pulmonology.
Available for consultation 24-hours-a-day, CHOC Children’s Specialists Pulmonology physicians provide comprehensive clinical services for a full range of genetic, developmental, structural and acquired disorders of the lungs and respiratory system. Board certified in pediatric pulmonology, these highly experienced physicians provide innovative, yet cost-effective inpatient and outpatient care for common and unusual disorders:
- Recurrent pneumonia
- Cystic fibrosis
- Severe asthma
- Chronic cough
- Airway problems
- Sleep apnea
- Chronic lung disease
- Congenital lung abnormalities
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
- Tracheotomy care
- Immunology disorders
- Home ventilators
- Neuromuscular problems
- Chronic care of technology dependent children
Regionally Recognized for Excellence : Available for consultation throughout the greater Orange County area, CHOC Children’s Specialists Pulmonology physicians are CCS-accredited providers for cystic fibrosis and chronic lung disease. They direct the Cystic Fibrosis Care, Research and Treatment Center at CHOC, which is also accredited by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
In addition to providing medical direction for inpatient and outpatient pulmonology services at both CHOC and CHOC at Mission, CHOC Children’s Specialists Pulmonology physicians serve as Directors of the CHOC Respiratory Institute and the CHOC Asthma and Chronic Lung Program, as well as providing inpatient consultation at several community hospitals. They also direct pediatric sub-acute units at hospitals in Orange and Whittier.
Specialized Pediatric Procedures and Services : Fully equipped with sophisticated, leading-edge technology, CHOC Children’s Specialists Pulmonology physicians provide tertiary-level, pediatric subspecialty services, including:
- Pediatric pulmonary function testing at CHOC, including spirometry, lung volumes, diffusion capacity, exercise stress testing and the ability to study young children and those with disabilities
- Fiber optic bronchoscopy, including a wide range of bronchoscopes for different sizes and problems
- Full respiratory care program with multiple options for bronchial clearance
- Ongoing management of children with bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD) and other oxygen-dependent patients
- Apnea diagnostic center and monitor program, including education for parents of children with sleep apnea
- Cystic Fibrosis Care, Research and Treatment Center
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus Prevention Clinic, offering risk assessment and prophylaxis of high risk infants
- Neuromuscular evaluation and treatment for respiratory complications of neuromuscular disease
Inpatient services provided by CHOC Children’s Specialists Pulmonology physicians are complemented by the multidisciplinary care provided by pediatric subspecialty physicians, nurses, pharmacists, therapists, clinical dietitians and social workers at CHOC, the only pediatric hospital serving Orange County.
Family Support and At-Home Care
CHOC Children’s Specialists Pulmonology physicians offer a home ventilator program and consultation for chronic, oxygen-dependent patients. Home intravenous therapy is available for children with cystic fibrosis and other lung diseases.
Access To the Latest Clinical Research : CHOC Children’s Specialists Pulmonology physicians participate in clinical research, giving patients access to newer medications and treatment. They serve as principal investigators for multiple ongoing studies for new medications developed for cystic fibrosis, bronchopulmonay dysplasia, asthma and other pediatric lung diseases.
Dr. Dan Cooper accepts position of Chair of the Department of Pediatrics, UC Irvine
Orange County American Academy of Pediatrics, California Chapter 4