Renella, Pierangelo – M.D.
Pierangelo Renella, M.D. received his medical degree from the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine. He did his Pediatric Internship and Residency at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. Dr. Renella has completed Fellowships in Pediatric Cardiology and Advanced Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Imaging at the University of California Los Angeles and Children’s Hospital Boston.
Dr. Renella is involved in multiple clinical research projects involving cardiac MRI and CT. In addition, he is sub-specialized in fetal cardiology and fetal cardiac imaging. He is currently developing a dedicated congenital cardiac MRI and CT program at CHOC Children’s.
Dr. Renella is board certified in pediatrics and pediatric cardiology and speaks fluent Spanish and Italian.
1) Investigating the feasibility of 3D echocadiography for right ventricular volumetric and functional assessment in children.
2) Right and left ventricular volumetric and functional assessment by cardiac MRI in severely anemic patients with iron overload.
3) The significance of regional right ventricular function in repaired Tetralogy of Fallot patients as assessed by cardiac MRI.
Locations:Renella, Pierangelo – M.D. is available at the following location(s)
- CHOC Children’s at Mission
- CHOC Children’s Hospital
- St. Joseph Hospital
- St. Jude Medical Center
- Western Medical Center - Santa Ana
- Allergy and Immunology
- Clinical and Biochemical Genetics
- Critical Care
- Developmental/Behavioral Pediatrics
- Infectious Disease
- Metabolic Disorders
- Otolaryngology – Head and Neck
- Pediatric Surgery